Thursday, November 13, 2008

it's here

hi guys-

so imagine my delight the other day. it's a gorgeous autumn afternoon and i am working away on a new chocolate cookie recipe, which i will share when it is perfected. the doorbell rings and it's my very cool ups man with a package from the penguin group, my publisher. i think to myself 'what are they sending me now?' thinking it will be yet another cookbook to add to my collection, i tear open the package to find the very first copy of my new book, 'this crazy vegan life.' i wasn't expecting it for another 2 weeks and here it was, in my hands.

as usual, when i get the first copy of a new book i have written, i teared up for a minute to see that all the work and recipe testing has come to fruition yet again. and no matter how many books i write (there are 6 in all, counting co-authoring...), it is so emotional for me to see it as a book...to see it on bookstore shelves...on amazon.com...and to see people buy and enjoy them.

this book is very special to me and very personal. i have been a vegan for 25 years now, but i really was not so vocal about my choices. even on the show, i usually just don't cook with any animal products, but i never chose to label it. but with this book, my crazy vegan life is front and center and i share it all...how to get started, stay inspired and cook amazing food.

exercise has always played a big role in my life, but an injury caused me to stop working out and i learned the hard lesson that if you go from active to not, you will gain weight. so after i healed, i needed to get in shape...i began to work with my amazing trainer, anthony molino and together, we whipped this body back into shape and then some.

i share all my ups and downs and experiences in this book, along with the exercise program that got me into shape, losing 10 pounds and a dress size in 3 weeks...and now you can, too.

look, i know that we are in hard economic times...this mess has affected everyone in every way. but now, more than ever, it's important that we invest in our health and do our best to prevent illness and disease. 'this crazy vegan life' can help you do just that.

but you can do more than invest in your own future. you can invest in our kids, too. simply go to my website and click your way to the new book. you will see 2 options. you can just order the book for $18.95 and enjoy it...or you can purchase an autographed copy for $25 and $10 will go toward the work of my non-profit, the christina pirello health education initiative, dedicated to changing the health of our kids.

so you decide...either way, you will have invested in health...

be well and i will speak with you soon.

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Already got it pre-ordered as a Christmas present from my mother in law to me! :) hehe! Can't wait! I have been following your show for 3 years now (before my vegan days) and I just think you are terrific, and your story is amazing. I live with Crohn's disease, so your an inspiration for me!

Unknown said...

Im so excited to know you have a new book out! I cant wait to run out and get my copy! I came to one of your cooking demos quite awhile ago and I believe at that time you were giving weekend cooking intensives at Drexel University. Are you still doing those type of classes? I want to learn how to completely overhaul my kitchen and my diet. Thanks!

christea said...

I am grateful for all my blessings in this life, my family and friends. I am grateful that Obama is our next President. I am ever so grateful to have you as a nutritional mentor even though I have so much more to learn!

Thank you for sharing your T-Day recipes! They look scrumptious. A question: How can we make cranberry sauce with no refined sugar and what is your take on Agave Syrup? I tried to make the traditional family recipe substituting brown rice syrup and it kind of bombed last year to the point of almost mutiny! The original recipe is 3/4 cup fresh orange juice, 1/4 cup Grand Marnier, 1 cup sugar, 12 ounces fresh cranberries, plus a little fresh orange zest. I use all organic ingredients (except the GM of course) and organic evaporated cane juice (still a monosaccaride) ... sigh. I'm going to do the original recipe and another experimental batch using organic OJ with maybe a little agave this time. I'm signed on to do the vegan apple crisp mentioned in another post and your pumpkin squares from your book Cook Your Way to the Life You Want. Happy Thanksgiving to Robert and you! Safe Travels!

CandidlyMe said...

I bought this book at the bookstore yesterday and have not been able to put it down. I have been veg for 4 years now and vegan off and on the entire time. Well, lets just say i've been 2 days vegan now and never plan on turning back. For christmas I am buying this for my mother and sisters and plan on sharing this with anyone who will listen. Thank you for writing such a wonderful book!